|Dr Marcello Pucci received the 5-years Laurea and PhD degrees, both in Electrical Engineering, from the University of Palermo, Italy, respectively in 1997 and 2002. In 2000 he has been an host student at the Institut of Automatic Control of the Technical University of Braunschweig, Germany, working in the field of control of AC machines, with a grant from DAAD (Deutscher Akademischer Austauscdienst – German Academic Exchange Service).|
From 2001 to 2007 he has been a permanent Researcher, and from 2008 to 2017 a Senior Researcher, of the Institute of Intelligent Systems for the Automation (ISSIA), section of Palermo (Italy). Since 2018 he has been a Senior Researcher of the Institute for Marine Engineering (INM), section of Palermo (Italy). Since 2005 he has been several times invited professor at the Technological University of Belfort Montbeliard, France.
He has coordinated several research activities, work packages of projects and projects. From 2015 to 2017 he has been the Principal Investigator of one of 5 Research lines of ISSIA-CNR, entitled “Smart Energy Conversion”. Since 2018 he is principal investigator of the Research line entitled “Smart technologies for sustainable and efficient energy conversion and management” at INM-CNR.
He has coauthored 3 books, 6 book chapters, 63 ISI Journal and 119 conference papers. He holds 1 patent (released in Italy and USA) related to micro-wind generation systems. He has tutored or co-tutored 6 research grants in the framework of the related projects, 5 PhD thesis, 11 Master thesis and 13 industrial internships at CNR.
He has been Associate Editor of the IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics and IEEE Transactions on Industry Applications, in the framework of the Electrical Machines Committee (EMC), Industrial Drives Committee (IDC), Industrial Power Converter Committee (IPCC). He has been twice Guest Editor of Special Sections of the IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics. He has served twice as vice-chair, 13 times as track chair and several times as session chair of international conferences with peer review.
He is currently Councilor of CEI (Comitato Elettrotecnico Italiano). He has been a reviewer of PRIN projects of the Italian Ministry of University and Research (MIUR). He has been a member of the AP (project area) “Low Carbon Technologies” of the DIITET-CNR.
Marcello Pucci is a Senior Member of IEEE.
| – Rotating and linear electrical machines: induction motors (IM), permanent magnet synchronous motors (PMSM), synchronous reluctance motors (SynRM)|
– Rotating and linear electrical drives
– Renewable sources generation systems (wind generators, photovoltaic generators, Fuel-cell systems) and storage systems (batteries, supercapacitors, flywheels)
– Power converters for electrical drives and micro-grid integration: DC-AC, AC-DC, DC-DC
– Non-linear and intelligent control systems: neural controllers, fuzzy logic controllers, input-output feedback linearization controllers (FLC), sliding mode controllers.
– Smart micro-grid control and management.
|Smart technologies for sustainable and efficient energy conversion and management|
|Research contract signed with Fincantieri S.p.A. under a project funded by MISE, PON I&C 2014-2020, with decree D.M. 01/06/2016.|
Topic: developing innovative technologies to generate and manage electrical power onboard
Project duration: 31/10/2018 – 30/10/2021 (ongoing)
|Project Leadership Tecnologica – GEI|
|Research contract signed with Fincantieri S.p.A. under a project funded by MIT with decree n. 196 / 10.06.2015.|
Topic: developing innovative technologies for electrical generation onboard
Project duration: from 01/01/2017 to 31/12/2018
|Project TESEO – Tecnologie ad alta Efficienza per la Sostenibilità Energetica ed ambientale On-board|
|PON n. PON02_00153_2939517 funded by the Italian Ministry for the Instruction, University and Research (MIUR) with decree prot. 635/ric of 08/10/2012|
Topic: development and integration of new green generation systems on-board
Project duration: from 01/07/2012 to 31/12/2015
Role: Principal investigator for ISSIA-CNR
|Project RITMARE – La Ricerca Italiana per il Mare|
|Flagship project funded by the Italian Ministry for the Instruction, University and Research (MIUR)|
Topic: development of new green technologies to be integrated on board
Project duration: from 01/01/2012 to 31/12/2016
Role: Responsible of the two operating units S1-WP2-A3_UO05 “Analisi del rumore introdotto nell’ambiente” and S1-WP2-A_UO011 “Motori ibridi”
- M. Cirrincione, M. Pucci, G. Vitale, Power Converters and AC Electrical Drives with Linear Neural Networks (Energy, Power Electronics, and Machines), Editor: Ali Emadi, Taylor & Francis Group, LCC, 1st edition (May 14, 2012), ISBN-10: 1439818142
- M. Cirrincione, M. Pucci, G. Vitale, Power Converters and AC Electrical Drives with Linear Neural Networks (Chinese Edition), by [ FA ] MAO LI QI AO QI LIN QIAO NEI ZHU, Paperback, Machinery Industry Press, (January 1, 2016), ISBN-10: 7111512839.
- Wei Xu, Md. Rabiul Islam, M. Pucci, “Advanced Linear Machines and Drive Systems”, Springer, Series: Renewable Energy Sources & Energy Storage, Springer Verlag. ISBN 978-981-13-9615-1, ISBN 978-981-13-9616-8 (eBook)
- M. Pucci, “State-Space Space-Vector Model of the Induction Motor Including Magnetic Saturation and Iron Losses”, IEEE Transactions on Industry Applications, Vol. 55, n. 4, July/August 2019, pp. 3453-3468, Electronic ISSN: 1939-9367 DOI: 10.1109/TIA.2019.2902327
- A. Accetta, M. Pucci, “Energy Management System in DC Micro-Grids of Smart Ships: Main Gen-Set Fuel Consumption Minimization and Fault compensation”, IEEE Transactions on Industry Applications, Vol. 55, n. 3, May/June 2018, pp. 3097-3113 DOI: 10.1109/TIA.2019.2896532
- Boldea, W. Xu, M. Pucci, “Design and Control for Linear Machines, Drives, and MAGLEVs – Part I”, IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, Special Section Design and Control for Linear Machines, Drives, and MAGLEVs, IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics Vol. 65, n. 9, September 2018, pp. 7423-7425, Electronic ISSN: 1557-9948, DOI: 10.1109/TIE.2018.2823518.
- L. Tarisciotti, A. Formentini, A. Gaeta, M. Degano, P. Zanchetta, R. Rabbeni, M. Pucci, “Model Predictive control for Shunt Active Filters with Fixed Switching Frequency”, IEEE Transactions on Industry Applications, IEEE Transactions on Industry Applications, Vol. 53, n. 1, January/February 2017, pp. 296-304, ISSN: 0093-9994, DOI: 10.1109/TIA.2016.2606364
- A. Accetta, M. Cirrincione, M. Pucci, G. Vitale, “Closed-Loop MRAS Speed Observer for Linear Induction Motor Drives”, IEEE Transactions on Industry Applications, vol. 51, n. 3, May/June 2015, pp. 2279-2290, ISSN: 0093-9994, DOI: 10.1109/TIA.2014.2375377
- M. Pucci, “State Space-Vector Model of Linear Induction Motors”, IEEE Transactions on Industry Applications, vol. 50, n. 2, January/February 2014, pp. 195-207, ISSN: 0093-9994, DOI: 10.1109/TIA.2013.2266351
- M. Pucci, M. Cirrincione, “Neural MPPT Control of Wind Generators With Induction Machines Without Speed Sensors”, IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, Vol. 58, n. 1, January 2011, pp. 37-47, Special Section Renewable Energy Systems, ISSN: 0278-0046, DOI: 10.1109/TIE.2010.2043043
- M. Cirrincione, M. Pucci, G. Vitale, A. Miraoui, “Current Harmonic Compensation by a Single-Phase Shunt Active Power Filter Controlled by Adaptive Neural Filtering”, IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, Vol. 56, n. 8, August 2009, pp. 3128-3143, ISSN: 0278-0046, DOI: 10.1109/TIE.2009.2022070
- M. Cirrincione , M. Pucci, G. Vitale, “A Single-Phase DG Generation Unit with Shunt Power Filter Capability by Adaptive Neural Filtering”, IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, Vol. 55, N. 5, May 2008, pp. 2093-2110, ISSN: 0278-0046, DOI: 10.1109/TIE.2008.918642
- M. Cirrincione, M. Pucci, “Sensorless Direct Torque Control of an Induction Motor by a TLS-based MRAS Observer with Adaptive Integration”, Automatica (Elsevier), Adaptive and Intelligent Control, n. 41, Novembre 2005, pp. 1843-1854, Regular Paper, ISSN: 0005-1098, DOI: 10.1016/j.automatica.2005.06.004