|Cecilia Leotardi achieved M.Sc. degree in Mechanical Engineering in 2007 and Ph.D. in Mechanical and Industrial Engineering in 2011 at Roma Tre University. She worked as post-doctoral research fellow at Roma Tre University developing models for multidisciplinary and multifidelity design optimization of aircraft for noise mitigation from 2011 to 2013. She moved to CNR-Marine Technology Research Institute as post-doctoral research fellow working on multidisciplinary and robust design optimization methods for marine applications in 2013 and became research engineer in 2016. She has been involved as research staff, co-PI, and PI of several research projects funded at national and international level. From September 2016 to March 2017 she has been seconded as scientific officer at the Secretariat of Joint Programming Initiative Healthy and Productive Seas and Oceans.|
|Her research focuses on multidisciplinary simulation-based design optimization methodologies, using prime-principle based solvers for both deterministic and stochastic applications. Related research interests pertains: global/local optimization algorithms, uncertainty quantification, multidisciplinary design and optimization architectures. Further interests pertain science-to-policy activities performed in diverse contexts at national and international level, stemming from blue growth, ships and shipping, and distributed research infrastructures with specific focus on research vessels and autonomous marine vehicles.|
|Multidisciplinary analysis and optimization (MAO) |
Initiatives for the blue growth
- Leotardi C.; Serani A.; Diez M.; Campana E.F.; Fasano G.; Gusso R. (2021). Dense conjugate initialization for deterministic PSO in applications: ORTHOinit+. Applied Soft Computing, 104, 107-121.
- Pellegrini, R., Serani, A., Leotardi, C., Iemma, U., Campana, E. F., & Diez, M. (2017). Formulation and parameter selection of multi-objective deterministic particle swarm for simulation-based optimization. Applied Soft Computing, 58, 714-731.
- Serani, A., Leotardi, C., Iemma, U., Campana, E. F., Fasano, G., & Diez, M. (2016). Parameter selection in synchronous and asynchronous deterministic particle swarm optimization for ship hydrodynamics problems. Applied Soft Computing, 49, 313-334.
- Leotardi, C., Serani, A., Iemma, U., Campana, E. F., & Diez, M. (2016). A variable-accuracy metamodel-based architecture for global MDO under uncertainty. Structural and Multidisciplinary Optimization, 54(3), 573-593.
- Leotardi, C. (2017). Hull-form optimization of a luxury yacht under deterministic and stochastic operating conditions via global derivative-free algorithms. 7th International Conference on Computational Methods in Marine Engineering (MARINE 2017). 2017-May, pp. 71-82.
- Diez, M., Serani, A., Leotardi, C., Campana, E. F., Fasano, G., & Gusso, R. (2016). Dense orthogonal initialization for deterministic PSO: ORTHOinit+ . Lecture Notes in Computer Science (including subseries Lecture Notes in Artificial Intelligence and Lecture Notes in Bioinformatics), Volume 9712 LNCS, 2016, Pages 322-330.