|In 1988, during the PhD Program in Applied Mechanics at the University of Rome “La Sapienza”, he is appointed as visiting scholar at NASA Langley Research Center, where he cooperates with Feri Farassat on topics in aerodynamic noise. In 1989 he moves to CIRA (Italian Aerospace Research Center), as the Head of Aeroacoustics Branch, and is the focal point for several projects on helicopter noise funded under different EU RTD Framework Programmes. In 1997 he moves to INSEAN (Italian Marine Technology Research Institute) where he will hold, among other offices, the role of director of Vibrations and Noise Division (2004-2010), while managing several EU and national research projects, through the successive transitions to CNR-INSEAN and CNR-INM.|
|Starting with a main expertise in aerodynamic noise from aircraft propeller and helicopter rotor, he moved to the development of similar formulations to investigate underwater noise from ship propulsion systems. In this field he has been working, over the last few years, on fundamental issues in bubble dynamics and cavitation.|
| An alliance to enhance the maritime testing infrastructure in the EU: Hydro-Testing Alliance (HTA) |
A Network of Excellence, funded by the European Union within the Sixth RTD Framework Programme, aimed at developing a formal and lasting structure to co-ordinate the definition and introduction of novel measurement, observation and analysis technologies for hydrodynamic (scale) model testing environments. It eventually resulted in the establishment of the Hydro Testing Forum. Period: 2006-2011.
Aero-acoustic simulation and evaluation of the wake interference in the generation of noise from the Piaggio P180 aircraft (VITAS – OR4)
Carried out under the PON Ricerca 2000-2006, co-funded by the European Union through the European Regional Development Fund to evaluate the effect of the incident flow on noise generation from the propeller and compare the acoustic behavior of two new propellers. Period: 2003-2004.
Wing assisted hydrofoil enabling technologies, hydrodynamics and aerodynamics (SEABUS-HYDAER)
Funded by the European Union within the Fourth RTD Framework Programme to develop enabling technologies in hydrodynamics and aerodynamics, propulsion, high speed testing, obstacle detection systems, for the design of a new concept marine vehicle. Period: 1997-2001.
- Riccardi G. and De Bernardis E., Rising bubble in the presence of a wall or a flat free surface. Ocean Engineering, 270, 113595, 2023.
- Riccardi G. and De Bernardis E., Numerical simulations of the dynamics and the acoustics of an axisymmetric bubble rising in an inviscid liquid. European Journal of Mechanics B-Fluids, 79, 121–140, 2020.
- De Bernardis E. and Riccardi G., Dynamics of a bubble moving through a liquid. In: Carcaterra A., Paolone A., Graziani G. (eds), Proceedings of XXIV AIMETA Conference 2019. Lecture Notes in Mechanical Engineering. Springer, Cham, 2020.
- Riccardi G. and De Bernardis E., Dynamics of a spherical bubble rising in gravity, subject to traveling pressure disturbance. Communications in Applied and Industrial Mathematics, 9(1), 149–158, 2018.
- Riccardi G. and De Bernardis E., Dynamics and acoustics of a spherical bubble rising under gravity in an inviscid liquid. Journal of the Acoustical Society of America, 140(3), 1488–1497, 2016.
- Ianniello S. and De Bernardis E., Farassat’s formulations in marine propeller hydroacoustics. International Journal of Aeroacoustics, 14(1 & 2), 87–104, 2015.
- Riccardi G. and De Bernardis E., Extended Stokes’ flows in cylindrical geometries. International Journal of Nonlinear Mechanics, 55, 186–208, 2013.